I learned several things throughout the creation and
implementation of this unit that I feel will greatly benefit me in the future
as I grow and develop as an educator. The first thing that I learned is that
collaboration with other teachers in your field of teaching is one over the
best ways to develop and grow your professional abilities. Through
collaboration teachers are able to see new ideas and strategies that would have
never found on their own. Just as there are so many different styles of
learning there are many different styles of teaching and it is important as
teachers that we learn from our colleagues so that we can develop a more
diverse style of teaching. The next thing that I learned from thing unit was
that it is our job as teachers to realize and understand that all students
learn differently. Just because we learn in a certain way does not mean that
our students should learn the same. I feel that many teachers including myself
teach in the way is easiest for them and expect their students to accommodate
to that teachers style of teaching. However I believe that it is the teacher’s
job not to teach in the way that is easy for them but to teach in a way that reaches
all students and their individual learning needs. This is not an easy task to
accomplish. The last and most important thing that I learned from this unit was
that if you are conscious of the fact that the students need differentiated
instruction and set goals to implement lessons to reach the different learning
styles in your class you may never fully accomplish a perfectly diverse style
of teaching, but you will greatly improve the success that your students have
in your classroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment