Sunday, October 28, 2012

My Problem


I teach five 7th grade Civics classes, two of which are advanced classes, one general class, and 2 inclusion classes. All of these classes are made up of many different learning styles as well as many different learning levels. Needless to say I have a difficult time tailoring my material to fit each student’s individual needs or learning styles. The problem that I am trying to attack is the issue of implementing affective differentiated instruction into my classrooms. I plan to do this through researching different learning styles and how other teachers accommodate for those different styles. I also plan to solve this issue through the creation of a unit plan that meets my goal to reach all students through differentiated instruction. This problem attack project is a more trial and error attempt and solving my problem of implementing differentiation. My goal is that through this project I can develop more strategies to help me diversify my teaching in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment